Gel Nolasco

Monday, March 5

Crab Night: Put Some South in Yer Mouth!


If there's one or two "Alaskan" things I like, it has to be (1) Malamutes; or (2) CRAB. Oh, I'm very very bribable when it comes to those juicy clippers!--I know, I know, it's a weakness I have to work on., but it's my KRYPTONITE!!! Must. RE.SIST. THE. JUI. CES. Hahaha! But hey, for all craboholics like me, I know a place where we can all be each other's Enablers in this addiction circle I shall call Crab Night and it's right in the heart of Pearl City--DIXIE GRILL. (Oh, and they have GOOD STEAK TOO!)

   







Dixie Grill is your go-to Saturday night hangout when you're up for a little comfort food of the South. It boasts of a restaurant of decent size, a busy bar and a wide open area outside for those who prefer fresh air with their fresh crab (corny!) and also, it has a cute little sandbox where kids can play! How neat. :)

It's so cute how they ultimately assumed I AM a pig, as they politely took it to themselves to set me apart from the male pig when I need to tinkle. 

And now for the pièce de résistance:

THE AMAZING ALASKAN
(with a side of salad, corn on a cob and mashed potatoes)







So if you're looking for the good stuff but couldn't find it in the East, West or ELSEWHERE (haha) come down to the cuisine of the South--where everything blends perfectly like butter on toast, gravy on ribs, and crab juice ON YOUR TASTEBUDS!