Gel Nolasco

Monday, January 16

Giving is Getting :)

A handful of people who really know me to the core may, on more than one occasion tell you that I live to give, and that it has been one of the most meaningful dogmas I live by. I believe it to be the only expression from my heart that I have never found corrupted. (Ha-ha). Well, I value the virtue of giving because I am very appreciative of people down to the last detail of how they impact my life. People are always a blessing to me, no matter the myriad of differences I may share with them. There always is a purpose behind everyone I cross paths with in this earthly life. A Hindu masseuse once told me that from my aura and personality, I may be most in touch with my Heart chakra, this being aided by the fact that I also was born under the Fire sign. And this is exactly how I feel when I give. I get highly passionate and feel that nothing is ever enough, especially when you give from the heart. Sometimes the battle I struggle with is waged between the idea of being simple, and the effort of being meaningful, when I do give to loved ones. So somewhere in between I get caught up with indecision and then just settle with "symbolic" gifts that either trigger a "heartstring memory", or just show major appreciation of how much a person has blessed my life. Nevertheless, giving, surprising and making people happy is what I live big on. I rarely care about money, (and my Dad can probably vouch for that himself. Ha-ha!) but to me, the value itself of showing someone's value is indeed, limitless. I express love through so much effort to people that it is possible for them to think it's a little too sweet sometimes, so I try not to express the wrong idea of being lezzy, too (Baaa-ha) But overall, I intend to keep it that way. Wrong judgment or otherwise. :) It's theraputic, it's creativity-inducing, and most of all, it's LOVE. And we sure as hell know nothing can go wrong with that.

Over the last month, I took a little initiative on myself to show appreciation to friends old and new, best friends and online friends, mailing packages to both the Philippines and New South Wales. It was fun. I would love to brighten people's days in a heartbeat and play Surprise Santa without the need for an actual season. :)

A blog entry of gratitude from by BFF and former roomie, Panx Solajes in Tacloban, Philippines

Trust me, this was symbolic. Especially what was inside the purse! (Taken by Marian Santos) 

Taken by my eternal BFF, Ali Banta 

I never had the chance to take a picture of the package, but Gia sent her thanks all the way from Australia and this warmed my heart more than enough. :)  
There's a priceless thought about giving that beats all the other feelings of joy in the world, for me, at least. And it's more than enough sunshine to warm that soft, chocolatey center of my heart. THANK YOU ALL FOR APPRECIATING! :)