Gel Nolasco

Sunday, January 29

I Was a Little Kid with Big Dreams Too. :)

When I was a young girl, I was raised to befriend classical music appreciation through playing the piano. Granted, there were more times I wish to have played pop songs and the more proverbial piano pieces that were obviously fabricated arrangements by people who played music by the ear, not being allowed this by the academic music schooling I had didn't get me far with this interest. So there I was, learning all my classicals aligned with my flats and sharps. My little sister, who's 12 years younger than me, however, went more than the miles I was deemed to conquer. I do consider her very serious effort in playing the piano astounding, if not the least bit unbelievable. She's actually very shy when it comes to me watching her play the piano as she still very much looks up to me (though I can't really see why) so having the chance to film her without her fighting the camera means a lot to me and to the pride I have for her. 
I casually filmed her during piano practice, playing Sonata Op. 13 No. 8 Pathétique (1st Movement in C minor)--a piece I've dreamed of playing when I was her same age. Only she actually achieved that. Haha :) Yup, she's awesome. :)



I still can't believe she's half my age.